Historically Important Third Reich Related Silver Cigarette Case
Historically Important Third Reich Related Silver Cigarette Case.
925 Silver cigarette case Size: 10x7.5 cm. Weight: 120.6 grams. The case belonged to a well respected Tailor located in Berlin during the 1930-40's. He was a tailor to the highest echelons of The Party elite and high ranking members of The Wehrmacht. Having this access he requested his customers to sign the internal casing of the piece. When he had collected a sufficient amount of signatures he had them over engraved into the silver gilt finish. His business was destroyed in allied bombing in 1944. His son who was the was custodian of the artifact, which he let go due to his advanced years. These are a few of the identified signatures with many more to research.
- Vizeadmiral Friedrich Ruge
- Vizeadmiral Bernhard Rogge
- Generaloberst Alfred Jodl
- Generalleutnant Gustav von Ziehlberg
- Generalleutnant Dr. Hans Speidel
- Generalleutnant Adolf Galland
- Kapitän zur See Wolfgang Gähler
- General Adolf Heusinger
- Konteradmiral Dieter Ehrhard